Coin Operated Boy

A blog of my adventures and misadventures in life...

Monday, October 17, 2005

Kotex not best thing on earth, but next to best thing.

It was a loooong weekend for me. Last Friday night we scheduled a basketball game and guess what happened? I got my lateral miniscus injured again, merely got in trouble with the other guys on another court (still thinking what the heck are they thinking...) and muscle pains all over my body. Nice prize for doing what I like to do most.

After the game me, BJ, Marco and Marhgil decided to go to Batangas and visit the wake of Kukote's "ang tiyo"(uncle). We made a stop at a gasoline station along south super hi-way to have our dinner which mostly composed of green salads and sandwiches (Diet spirit!!). After that we went back to the road and resumed our journey and it was great; cool sounds (except the Shaider theme hehe!!), neverending ghost stories as we pass thru a poorly lighted zigzag road and a lot of interesting conversations happened inside Kukote's Toyota Altis. After almost 2 hours we arrived at Kukote's house. As we take a look on his uncle's remains, I suddenly remembered my grandmother who just passed away last June. It's really hard to lose someone very close to you :-(

Since we have nothing to do but to sit there and bum, we played pusoy dos until someone felt sleepy(whodahell is he?) and convinced the others to sleep too and wakeup 6am sharp then go home. Unfortunately, we woke up at 8am :-) We went home, then I slept the whole day.

Saturday, 7pm. I remembered that this day is "girlfriend's day" (not girlfriends day) so I immediately got off my bed, took a quick shower then fixed myself. I called her and asked her what she's doing and if she want to watch a movie. We've met, had dinner then went to glorietta 4. We originally plan to watch both "The 40 year old virgin" and "Dubai" but due to schedule conflict its not possible to do so. So we've decided to watch "The 40 Year old virgin" which stars Steve Carrell and it is absolutely hilarious.. The Php130 ticket price is worth spending.

Sunday, 3pm. Girlfriend's day 2 (not Girlfriend 2 day). We went to SM Bicutan to pay our phone bills and to window shop before going to a 6pm mass in Makati. We passed through to the perfume section and felt the urge to try new scents and brands. She asked me what brand I prefer to buy and I said "Acqua di Gio" since I badly want to have another bottle of that perfume. But I lost interest with that perfume that time because the attending store clerk is such an asshole and have no plans of entertaining us for reasons he only knows (Maybe I don't look like I have the money to buy it...) . So we moved to the next booth and greated by the clerk with a warm welcome then he displayed the best sellers in front of us. I've tried most of it before so actually none of the perfumes captured my interest until I have smelled this perfume which I will not reveal the name because I want to smell unique all the time :-). Negotations followed between my girl and the clerk which confused me.. I want the perfume, but I will not buy it that time because I don't have the money yet.. Until she told me that she will be the one to pay for it.. A gift for no reason at all..Whoa!! That's a real shocker for me, since I'm not comfortable of receiving gifts from her because its not proper. But she insisted, so I just let her do so. Anyway I'm not that hard to convince :-) So the deal was closed. If you could only see the face of the clerk from the Acqua Di Gio booth. Loser!! Lesson here is: Never judge a person by his/her looks. Maybe he just live across the street, and find it stupid to dress up anymore. :-)

About the title, it is not related to my post, but this made me laugh last week.